Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Looking for a job!

I spent yesterday on the internet checking on investigation jobs in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. I specifically was looking for a job that was NOT sitting in an office all day long and one that had many aspects of "sleuthing" involved.

I applied for 5 jobs that I found and that looked interesting. One job (that was not a posted job but just one that would want to do)was working for the RI Department of Environmental Management investigating poachers, corporations that dump toxic waste, etc. I emailed the head investigator to ask about working there. He responded and told me that with the fiscal cutbacks he was down to just two investigators but told me to keep looking at the website for updates on job availabilities.
One company just said I was not qualified for their job and they would keep my resume on file.
I am waiting to hear back from the other possible jobs.

One job inquiry was from an actural PI company in Massachusetts looking for someone to do investigative work on an hourly basis. He actually said in the job description that he expected to get lots of inquiries. I am sure he will but he will get my resume too!


I have emailed a PI new friend of mine, Charlie, that I want to talk with him when he gets back from a trip next week. I want to propose to Charlie that I would like to do an internship (unpaid) with him. He is a criminal investigator who works alone, so I don't know what his response will be. I know his did an internship in Washington DC so maybe he will at least think about it. Charlie also knows other private investigators and perhaps if he doesn't want to do it, he can talk to some of his PI friends?


I will keep looking.


Deb PI

 

No comments:

Post a Comment